H.E. Goshir Gyaltsap Rinpoche arrived at Tergar Monastery in late afternoon following his long journey from Sikkim. Monastics in ceremonial dress and eager laity with katas lined the roadside and entrance into Tergar Monastery. Gyaltsap Rinpoche is giving The Torma Empowerment of the Five Deities of Gyalwa Gyatso on January 13. Then he will preside over the Monlam where he will give teachings on Geshe Chekawa’s The Seven Points Mind Training.
1. Monastics line the road to the monastery before the arrival of H.E. Goshir Gyaltsap Rinpoche.
2. Procession of monks wearing ceremonial hats with gyalings, banners, and katas awaits Gyaltsap Rinpoche.
3. Smiling young nuns stand by the gate to greet Gyaltsap Rinpoche.
4. Both lay and monastics wait inside the gate leading to Tergar Monastery.
5. Rinpoche’s car arrives at the entrance of Tegar Monastery preceded by the procession.
6. Khenpo Kelsang Nyima, head Khenpo of Rumtek, greets Gyaltsap Rinpoche.
7. Mingyur Rinpoche offers a kata.
8. Gyaltsap Rinpoche greets monks as he walks towards the temple.
9. Gyaltsap Rinpoche proceeds through the crowd.
11. Lay people offer katas from the steps of the temple.
12. Gyaltsap Rinpoche in the portico of the temple.
13. After a long journey by car from Sikkim, Gyaltsap Rinpoche relaxes in his quarters above the main shrine room with Mingyur Rinpoche.