Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche, His Eminence Gyaltsab Rinpoche, Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche, Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, and the 3-year retreat master of Ralang Monastery, along with attendants and a retinue of monks and nuns, lined up to enter the Mahabodhi Temple when it opened at 5:00 a.m. First, Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche offered seven bowls brimming with fruits, spices, and flowers, as well as a gorgeous set of pale yellow silk robes, to the Buddha in the main shrine room. After the chanting of prayers, and a photo, the rinpoches made their way outside. Under the bodhi tree, in the dark of an early dawn, Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche’s vow ceremony was completed with auspicious prayers.
1. The letter from His Holiness the 17th Karmapa with instructions about Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche’s ordination.
2. In the crowded Mahabodhi Temple, early on the morning of February 7th, Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche made elaborate offerings to the golden Buddha statue prior to receiving his Barma Rabchung (interim ordination) vows. Here, bowls of fruit are passed forward for him to offer.
3. His Eminence Gyaltsab Rinpoche, Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche, Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, Khenpo Lodro Donyo Rinpoche, and the retreat master of the Ralang three year retreat center were present to offer Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche his ordination vows. The beautiful pale yellow silk robes which Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche offered to the Buddha statue are being placed on the statue by the monk in charge.
4. Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche in his new robes with his preceptors, under the bodhi tree, at the conclusion of the vow ceremony. Many monks and nuns were in attendance.
5. Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche holds a golden Buddha
6. The rinpoches arrive back at the Monlam Pavillion and took their seats on the front row of the sangha. Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche share a joke.
7. The rinpoches left the pavillion at 9.45am and walked to Tergar Shrine Room for a special tea and rice ceremony in celebration of his ordination.
8. Inside Tergar Shrine Room
9. Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche sat between HE Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche and his tutor, Khenpo Lodoe Donyo Rinpoche.
10. Drupon Dechen Rinpoche led the ku-sung-thuk mandala offering to Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche.
11. A long line for the mandala offering.
12. Offering Buddha Amitayus – the buddha of long life
13. A celebratory lunch followed the morning’s ceremonies.
14. Bokar Yangsi Rinpoche